- Prof. Gillen Wood discussed his new book 'Land of Wondrous Cold' with the 'Science on Tap' Podcast. Check it out here!
- New technologies allow the Department of Geology to continue field education with virtual field trips.
- In a paper in Nature Sustainability, Jim Best and colleagues lift the veil on sand mining in the Mekong River, and examine its environmental effects and sustainability
- Geology Phd Student Jack Albright and Prof. Patricia Gregg Develop New Technique to Forecast Volcanic Eruptions!Using a new computer modeling technique normally applied to weather and climate, PhD student Jack Albright and his advisor Prof.
- Graduate student Mike DeLucia, and advisors Willy Guenthner and Steve Marshak, have constrained the timing and magnitude of erosion that produced the Great Unconformity surface (the global erosion