Climate Change, Disaster Studies, Environmental History, History of Earth Sciences
Ph.D Columbia University, 2000
Environmental Writing, Poetry and Poetics, The Anthropocene, History of Earth Sciences
- ESE/ENGL 360 Environmental Writing
- ESE/ENGL 477 Advanced Environmental Writing
- ESE/ENGL 498 Environmental Writing for Publication
- ESE/ENGL 293 The Anthropocene
- GEOL 201 History of Geology
- ENGL 431 Green Romanticism
- ENGL 300 Can Poetry Save the Earth?
Additional Campus Affiliations
Associate Director for Education and Outreach, Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment
Wood, G. DA. (2020). Land of Wondrous Cold: The Race to Discover Antarctica and Unlock the Secrets of Its Ice. Princeton University Press.
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Arctic voyages (1838–1842): Sir Edward Sabine, James Ross, and the magnetic sublime. Wordsworth Circle, 50(2), 237-246. https://doi.org/10.1086/703690
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Climate Delusion: Hurricane Sandy, Sea-Level Rise, and 1840s Catastrophism. Humanities, 8(131).
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Ghosts of 1816. In Romantic Climates: Literature and Science in an Age of Catastrophe (pp. 191). Palgrave Macmillan.
Wood, G. DA. (2018). Interglacial Victorians. In Victorian Sustainability in Literature and Culture (pp. 220). Routledge.