Climate Change, Disaster Studies, Environmental History, History of Earth Sciences
Ph.D Columbia University, 2000
Environmental Writing, Poetry and Poetics, The Anthropocene, History of Earth Sciences
- ESE/ENGL 360 Environmental Writing
- ESE/ENGL 477 Advanced Environmental Writing
- ESE/ENGL 498 Environmental Writing for Publication
- ESE/ENGL 293 The Anthropocene
- GEOL 201 History of Geology
- ENGL 431 Green Romanticism
- ENGL 300 Can Poetry Save the Earth?
Additional Campus Affiliations
Associate Director for Education and Outreach, Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Arctic voyages (1838–1842): Sir Edward Sabine, James Ross, and the magnetic sublime. Wordsworth Circle, 50(2), 237-246. https://doi.org/10.1086/703690
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Climate Delusion: Hurricane Sandy, Sea-Level Rise, and 1840s Catastrophism. Humanities, 8(131).
Wood, G. DA. (2019). Ghosts of 1816. In Romantic Climates: Literature and Science in an Age of Catastrophe (pp. 191). Palgrave Macmillan.
Wood, G. DA. (2018). Interglacial Victorians. In Victorian Sustainability in Literature and Culture (pp. 220). Routledge.
Wood, G. DA. (2018). Notes from Tambora; or, Planetary Persuasions. In D. Hannah (Ed.), A Year Without a Winter Columbia University Press.